Michael Gerard "Mike" Tyson is a retired American boxer and is the main character of Mike Tyson Mysteries.
Mike was born on June 30, 1966. After stepping down from fighting competitively, Tyson began raising carrier pigeons to receive messages of mysteries. Mike is portrayed as slightly airheaded, and has a reputation of doing unusual things like taking an oatmeal bath with cooked oatmeal, owning a pet grizzly bear, and using mosquitoes to help him sleep - mainly because he's not Pigeon. He can be good-natured but can become prone to violence if he becomes worried or threatened, which is often. He often struggles at pronouncing new or complex words correctly and sometimes has trouble remembering past events vividly or correctly.
Mike Tyson is a retired boxer who now solves mysteries. He is seen as being wildly out of touch with reality, confusing a chess Grandmaster with the Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan, or Elon Musk with Elton John, thinking a binary code spells out 'Oooh', and eating junk food without realizing he's on a diet. He has a reputation for doing unusual things like taking an oatmeal bath with cooked oatmeal, owning a pet grizzly bear, and using mosquitos to help him sleep, along with pronouncing the names of many other characters incorrectly, even by calling his own daughter Yang or Yee instead of Yung.
- He is a retired boxer.
- He has a tuxedo track suit.
- He is right-handed.
- He has a safe that he keeps his Archie comics in.
- He and Pigeon share the same brush.
- He is not good with confrontation.
- He home schooled Yung Hee.
- He is a vegetarian, meaning that he doesn't eat meat.
- In the episode "Help a Brother Out", it is revealed that Mike is brothers with Neil Degrasse Tyson, however in real life, Mike Tyson and Neil Degrasse Tyson are not brothers nor are they related, they just both coincidentally have the same last name, Tyson.
- In the episode "Broken Wings", Yung Hee states that Mike's birthday is June 30, giving him the same birthday as the real life Mike Tyson, this is also the password for the Tyson houses security system, 0630.
- It is revealed in "The Beginning", that Mike and the rest of the mystery team have been solving mysteries together since Summer 2001.