Pigeon, formerly known as Richard, is a main character in Mike Tyson Mysteries. Previously known as Richard, Pigeon was turned into a pigeon by his ex-wife, Sandra, as a curse for his incessant cheating. He is a borderline alcoholic, sex addict and possible drug abuser with a dry, sarcastic sense of humor.
Pigeon was once a human man named Richard. From what Pigeon has revealed, it can assume that he came from poor family background. He claims he was miserable during his childhood. The only family he mentioned having was his father, who took him to visit a whore house in Mexico when he was only thirteen. Richard would eventually meet and marry Sandra Sanchez. However, Richard proved himself to be an unfaithful partner. Having had enough of her husbands constant cheating, Sandra transformed Richard into a Pigeon and the two divorced. Eventually, Richard would meet Mike Tyson, Marquess and a baby Yung Hee Tyson and join the Mike Tyson Mystery Team and has resided in Mike's mansion in Las Vegas since.
Pigeon is a sarcastic and selfish person, often only caring enough about the task at hand to make a joke or quip at one of the members. Despite this, he feels close to Mike and is upset when he is thrown out of their house for having mites.
Pigeon is fond of gambling, strip clubs, doing drugs and other shady activities that can often put him at odds with the rest of the group. Despite not being committed to solving mysteries, he feels he needs to tag along so the group can solve his own 'mystery' of how to turn him back into a person.
He has shown to have have a Selfish Personality such taking up the front Passenger Seat even though the car was Crammed enough. He has also shown a very Perverse Nature of Predictability such as when Marquess was able to Predict that Pigeon would engage in the act of Self-Gratification near the Hotel pool and get kicked out for doing so.
Pigeon also gains Enjoyment in Taunting or making Obscene Gestures in hopes of Getting Reactions off of people ether the Reaction of Disgust or a Reaction of being Belittled.
In the episode Ogopogo! Sandra describes Pigeon in a brighter light, showing that he can be a likable person, or at least put on a facade, contrary to his rude, vulgar, selfish and unpleasant nature. Pigeon seemed to show guilt for cheating on Sandra, and attempted to reunite with Sandra, until she was transformed into a pigeon herself.
In the episode Life Is but a Dream Pigeon admits to being depressive; "If i'm going to kill myself it'll be because of my massive depression, not to help some bitch lying in a bed." This depression extends to the point of suicidal, as he attempted to commit suicide via gas exposure in the episode "What's That Gnoise?", likely either due to him hating being a pigeon or out of dissatisfaction of his alcohol, sex, and drug-intoxicated life.
- In an episode of Mike Tyson Mysteries, Sandra sends a mystery involving Pigeon.
- Yung Hee also develops a crush on Pigeon after seeing Sandra's photo album of him as an attractive man, and potentially because of her mention of his wealth and sexual prowess.
- Pigeon also might be bisexual, commenting on Marquess's physique in "Tent Revival" saying "I've been jacking off to the wrong person." Referencing his attraction to Yung Hee.
- Pigeon is most likely a reference to the fact that Mike Tyson is an avid pigeon enthusiast in real life, even going as far as to host a reality show about his own pigeon breeding practices.
- In the episode Losin It it is revealed that Pigeon lost his virginity at as young an age as thirteen to a prostitute.
- He can speak Chinese.
- He is right-handed.
- He has been shown to have pockets, specifically ones big enough to put a gun in, despite him being a pigeon and never wearing clothes.
- He likes to masturbate when he is alone in the house.
- He and Mike share the same brush.
- His beer brand is called "Lucky Diamond Lager".
- Pigeon's real name is Richard. His ex-wife's name is Sandra Sanchez this might be reference to a protagonist of another Adult Swim's show Rick and Morty whose name is Rick Sanchez. Richard Sanchez is not Pigeon's real name because in episode A River Runs Through It Into a Heart of Darkness it is revealed that Sanchez comes from Sandra's father.